If you love the vintage casino game Blackjack, then you can also play Blackjack online and win big prizes. Playing casino games online has become a boon during the COVID-19 pandemic as you can get the same physical casino experience online.
Although Blackjack online gameplay and rules are almost the same as the physical version, you should still understand how to play to maximize your winning chances. Therefore, let’s discuss some insights on how to play a Blackjack casino game online.
Rules to Play Blackjack Online
The rules of Blackjack online and the physical version of Blackjack are similar. Usually, Blackjack online has better odds than other popular casino games like roulette online. The first major rule of Blackjack is to get the sum of deck cards equal to 21. When the game starts, you will be offered 2 cards, one face down and one face up. You will be able to look at the facedown card, but no one else will be able to look at your facedown card during the game. Similarly, you will also not be able to see the facedown cards of the other players. Face cards like a king, queen, and jack have a numerical value of 10 in Blackjack. The Ace card has two values, 1 or 11, depending on the other cards you have in hand.
When it’s your turn, you can either “hit,” “stay,” or “fold.” A ‘hit’ will get you another card. You can keep hitting till you bust, or your hand adds up to 21 or a closer value. Suppose you accidentally add up more than 21 with cards in hand, then Blackjack online will say it as ‘bust.’ In this case, you are out of the game.
Types of Blackjack Casino Games
When playing Blackjack online, you need to know the different variations of Blackjack available and their differences. Like roulette online, Blackjack also comes in multiple variants. They are,
- Classic Blackjack: The traditional physical version of Blackjack is played in the form of classic Blackjack online.
- Multi-hand Blackjack: It is similar to Classic Blackjack, but the player will have multiple hands going at once. It will increase the chances of winning due to multiple hands.
- Single Deck Blackjack: A normal Blackjack game is played with 6 to 8 decks with standard 52 cards without a joker. But you can play Blackjack online with just one deck of cards. The rules of classic Blackjack apply to single-deck Blackjack also.
- Blackjack Switch: In Blackjack Switch, the deck cards are dealt as faceup from 6 decks. The players must play with 2 hands. Also, both hands must be placed with equal bets. In Blackjack Switch, only the second card or top card dealt with each of the hands can be switched for other cards. However, a player can’t switch the first card from one hand with a second one from the opposite hand.
- Progressive Blackjack: It traces the same rules as Classic Blackjack. However, there is a side bet with Progressive Blackjack. This type of Blackjack will get you a larger payout at the end of the game than a regular Blackjack game.
If you are looking to Blackjack online, you need to grasp the associated terminologies. Some of the Blackjack casino game terminologies include,
- Bust: If you have achieved a hand greater than 21, then you lose the game, and it is called a “Bust.”
- Hit: When it is your turn, you can add another face-up deck card to your hand
- Stay: When it is your turn, you choose to stay with your current hand
- Fold: When you feel you cannot win the game, you fold and get out of the Blackjack game.
How to Play Blackjack Online
After you understand the Blackjack gameplay, you can start playing online. The first thing to be done is to identify the best online casinos that offer Blackjack games and provide big payouts. You have to be over 18 years of age to play Blackjack online.
You need to create an account to play Blackjack Online
- Visit the online casino website of your choice
- Click on the registration page and fill out the form
- The form fields will contain name, address, age, DOB, mobile number, valid email-id, etc.
- Sometimes a sign-up offer will be given, so check for them and create an account using the code to activate the offer
- Your email id and contact number will be verified
- You can create a username and password as login credentials
- After successful registration, you can start playing Blackjack Online by depositing the required betting amount.
Tips for Playing Blackjack Online
The following Blackjack tips will allow you to make better decisions while playing Blackjack online
- Every time you have a hand of 11 or less, hit it hard
- If two players reach 21, the player with more cards used for achieving 21 is declared the winner
- When you have hard 13 to 16 against the dealer with 2-6, have a stand or hit hard
- If you have 17 and above, always stand
- If you have soft 17 or less, hit hard
- If you have a hard 12 against a dealer with 2-6, stand or hit hard
- If you have a soft 18, you must stand with an exception where the dealer has 9, 10, or ace. In this case, you must hit
- Always stand when you have a soft 19 or more
Blackjack online can be the best casino game with a low house edge if you play smartly. Always keep the above strategies and tips in mind before you start playing Blackjack so that you can maximize your winning chances or minimize losses. Start playing Blackjack online; it’s fun and can help you win big payouts.